SentricWorkforce At A Glance
SentricWorkforce is an end-to-end HR solution designed to help managers, employees, and HR in small to mid-sized companies. Businesses can purchase the SentricWorkforce package that meets their needs or build a custom package by selecting additional services.
SentricWorkforce is available in three subscription plans that are billed monthly (based on per employee per month). They are:
- Starter – At $2 per employee per month, this plan provides basic employee functions such as profiles, document storage, absence management, standard/ad hoc reporting, and performance management.
- Pro – At $5 per employee per month, Pro includes all of the Starter features plus employee & manager self-service functionality, benefits and open enrollment, routes and alerts, and document management.
- Premium – The Premium plan at $9 per employee per month includes all of the functions of the previous two packages, plus these features: recruitment, goals, employee training, advanced performance management, attendance, and carrier connections.
We take a look at each SentricWorkforce service in the Features section below:
SentricWorkforce provides these following services:
- Employee profiles (such as their personal information, job title/description, payroll information, emergency contacts, etc)
- Recruitment tracking
- Performance and training management
- Standard and ad-hoc reporting
Self-service (employees has access to the following):
- Current and recent paychecks
- Time card punches
- Time-off calendar
- Vacation/time-off management
- Benefits (including making changes, open enrollment)
- Direct deposit
- Life events
- New employee onboarding (fill out and sign legal documents, etc)
- Manage their performance/training/goals
- Open job positions
- Access to company handbook/policies
- Ability to calculate payroll, including net-to-gross or gross-to-net
- Ability to manage unscheduled payroll (i.e. bonuses)
- Ability to make edits within payroll batch
- Time tracking options, such as biometric/time clocks, web-based punching, or mobile punching
- Adherence to legal compliance, such as ADA, federal, state, and local
- Points/incidence management for attendance
- Trends in overtime and attendance
- Ability to view and make benefit changes in batches or individually
- Ability to match the right people with the right plans via advanced filtering options
- Deductions or life event changes sent directly to insurance company
- Ability to add new plans or insurance companies at any time
- Ability to track and manage COBRA
- Job postings/resume/application management
- Ability to search for internal/external candidates based on skills, qualifications, and certifications
- Group emails/response templates
- Communication with job applicants
- Interview evaluation ratings and notes
- Prioritizing candidates based on interview feedback
- Manage job offers
- Transition to onboarding process when employee accept offer
- Performance management (i.e. 360 review, customized performance evaluations)
- Goals setting by company-wide, department, or employee
- Ability to make training recommendations for employee based on jobs or goals
- Tracking training courses by availability (with color coding) and expenses
- Accessible training resources and documents
- Employee can choose/register for courses
- Actionable information via standard reporting templates or ad-hoc reports
- Exports to Word, Excel, PDF, or CSV
- Attendance Management?
- Benefits Administration?
- Employee Self-Service?
- Learning Management System?
- Mobile Access?
- Payroll Management?
- Performance Appraisal?
- Recruiting Management?
Sentric targets small to mid-sized businesses in a wide variety of industries. We’ve listed 10 sample customers below:
- Caruso Hair & Esthetics
- InCase Designs
- IHP Capital Partners
- Keesal Young Logan
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- Sarris Candies
- Vistal School
Free Report: 5 Essential Steps for Choosing the Right HR SoftwareChoosing an HR Software solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
As part of the pricing plan, companies get the Standard service, which includes a dedicated account manager and a dedicated implementation lead. The dedicated implementation lead communicates with the company on its goals, project scope, and other implementation details. Implementation and training can be tailored to the company’s needs.
The implementation time frame can range from 30 days for just payroll functions to 60 days for the entire SentricWorkforce.
Sentric not only provides administrator training at the end of the implementation period that users are also able to attend, but also has recorded and live webinar trainings available.
Also, as part of the Standard service plan, Sentric offers to help companies migrate their Benefits data as well as provide best practices and guidance in first open enrollment.
Sentric offers optional services called the Concierge Service. Such options include new user training, onsite training, manager/employee live webinar training, talent data changes, recurring open enrollment support, customized reporting, data reconfiguration, and annual use assessment.
Customer Service & Support
Companies can contact their dedicated Account Manager via phone and email for support issues, as well as access an online knowledge base of how-to articles.
SentricWorkforce does not have a mobile platform.
However, in June 2015, Sentric has announced a complete overhaul of SentricWorkforce and the latest version now includes:
- Deeper integration with non-Sentric solutions via API
- New user interface that includes a “command center” homepage with commonly-accessed tasks available right on the main page
- Simplifying common tasks regarding new hires, open enrollment, and recruiting with wizards
- Improvement to the ad-hoc reporting functionality that lets users create custom reports by dragging-and-dropping data fields
- Job history timeline for each employee that tracks on-the-job progress
Sentric got its start in 1994 as a payroll services company for local clients needing to outsource this function with the mission to secure clients for life by ensuring the software and service they offer work together to solve real business solutions. Over the years, Sentric became more involved with offering core HR functions, such as benefits and talent management, wrapped in an all-in-one solution for small and mid-sized companies.
Headquartered in Canonsburg, PA, Sentric has locations in Denver, CO, and Huntington Beach, CA.Download Vendor Comparison Guide