Namely At A Glance
Namely is a full, Web-based suite that streamlines many HR workflows including payroll, benefits, talent management and more. This review will look at the overall platform. For a pinpointed view of its payroll features, check out our Namely’s Payroll review.
Namely is an end-to-end, Web-based human resource management solution (HRMS) with scalable features for every HR function.
With an easy-to-use, single-platform interface, bouncing between various HR-related tasks, including payroll, benefits management and talent management, is simple.
Namely also has an iPhone app so users can access its features on the go.
Namely offers features and tools in four areas of HR:
Modern HR is a flexible, user-friendly database that keeps all employee information in one place for easy access, maintenance and sharing. Functions like request approvals and task delegation are streamlined with efficient workflows so nothing falls through the cracks. The scalable features include:
- Employee Profiles – Foster a work community while being able to easily store, search and report on critical employee data.
- Teams & Org Charts – Have full visibility of your company’s hierarchy all the way down to a team level. Create Org Charts to quickly spot open positions and analyze team costs and projections.
- Time Off Tracking – Easily manage paid time off (PTO) through easy-to-use tools that automate and track requests, as well as allow you to create a PTO policy for your company.
- Robust Reporting – Efficiently analyze employee data in real-time by generating custom reports, creating data filters and automating reports needed on a regular basis.
- Social Newsfeed – The social feed keeps your employees engaged and informed through a platform that allows users to share updates and give feedback.
- Calendar – Get a companywide view of what’s happening in your organization, whether it’s upcoming reviews or employee vacations. You can set user permissions for viewing the calendar and sync it with a third-party tool like Outlook, Google or iCal.
- Document Storage – Easily store and distribute critical company documents by uploading them to a repository and setting permissions for who can download the files.
Payroll is an end-to-end payroll service tool that’s fully integrated with your HR data. Features like easy employee enrollment, automated tax filings and integrated time sheets save time while reducing paperwork errors. The tools include:
- Tax Filing & Compliance – Namely automates W-2 generation. It also calculates, deposits and files payroll taxes. And it stays up to date with local, state and federal regulations to ensure your company stays compliant.
- Payroll Reporting – Get a overview of your payroll costs by running customized reports. The data collected can then be incorporated into your human capital management (HCM) reports.
- Time Management – This allows you to track employee time and attendance through electronically-stamped time sheets.
Namely partners with leading insurance carriers worldwide to provide medical, dental, vision and ancillary plans to its customers. It’ll also work with you to file important Affordable Care Act (ACA) forms and offers pay-as-you-go workers’ comp premiums.
The HR solution also offers benefits administration software for your company to easily maintain its current plans. Some of its features are:
- Simple Document Distribution – Easily share documents with your employees that will help guide them to make the best decisions.
- Automatic Enrollment – Make enrollment simple by using electronic data interchange (EDI) feeds.
- Paperless Documents – Improve the employee experience and ensure no critical information gets lost by keeping electronic documents.
Namely’s talent management features are designed to grow with your company. Through the simple dashboard, it’s easy to keep an open line of communication about performance, feedback and employee goal alignment. The following features are included:
- Onboarding – Focus on bringing a new hire up to speed on company policy, rather than required paperwork. Paperless tools like eSignature and customizable document templates streamline the onboarding process.
- Cascading Goals – Efficiently align individual goals with team or company goals through the Cascading Goals feature. This allows you to easily create, manage and track goals to show employees how their individual progress impacts the your company’s growth.
- 360° Performance Reviews – Manage the full review process in one place. All goals and reviews, including self-assessments and peer reviews, can be combined for a complete look at an employee’s performance. The data can also be exported for succession planning or compensation.
- Competencies – In Namely, you can assign certain competencies to specific job titles for easy skill assessment and individual succession planning.
- Ongoing Feedback – Create surveys, self-assessments and more to have a constant flow of feedback about individuals, teams and the company as a whole. You can also establish automated workflows for administrators to easily collect and analyze the results.
- Attendance Management?
- Benefits Administration?
- Employee Self-Service?
- Learning Management System?
- Mobile Access?
- Payroll Management?
- Performance Appraisal?
- Recruiting Management?
Namely aims to help all types of organizations ease their HR, payroll and talent management headaches.
We’ve listed 10 of Namely’s customers below:
- The Motley Fool
- Vayner Media
- Central Oklahoma Family Medical Center
- Blue Apron
- Red Frog Events
Free Report: 5 Essential Steps for Choosing the Right HR SoftwareChoosing an HR Software solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Namely is a Web-based HR database, making implementation quick and simple.
An open application program interface (API) allows you to integrate the data collected through Namely into internal company applications, or vice versa.
Customer Service & Support
Namely has over 250 staff members headquartered in New York, San Francisco and Austin, TX, ready to live chat with customers anytime of the day. The support team is also available by email or by phone (Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.).
Additionally, Namely provides an online repository of e-books, videos, infographics and more for anyone to use at their convenience.
Some customers have complained the process to create a review is lengthy and complicated, making it difficult to share the information and establish who has permission to read the review.
Namely was founded by Matt Straz in 2012. It’s helped more than 400 companies improve their HR departments through a comprehensive, single-platform HRMS solution.
With a mission to create the world’s leading HR platform for mid-sized organizations, Namely builds its services on the following ideals:
- One company. Many teams.
- Data driven.
- Growth matters.
- Global perspective.