Fiix At A Glance
Fiix is a full-featured CMMS solution designed to help organizations track and maintain equipment, vehicles, buildings, inventory, and other assets. The company’s existing maintenance data can be imported from a CSV or Excel file directly into the system. Users can even import equipment maintenance data via their mobile devices or GPS locations. The benefits of using Fiix includes technician self-service ability, ability to manage the full lifecycle of each asset, improved productivity, reduced expenses, and the capability to make better business and maintenance decisions.
Fiix is sold as a subscription and billed either on a monthly or yearly basis. There are three pricing plans based on storage and the availability of features:
- Basic – This plan (priced at $29 per user per month) includes standard CMMS features (i.e. work orders, asset management, inventory management, preventative maintenance, purchasing, and internal/external notifications), mobile access, and a 5GB storage limit.
- Professional – The Professional plan ($59 per user per month) includes many advanced CMMS features, such as third-party notification, availability of guests to log onto the system, multi-site support, rotating assets, API integration, and regulatory compliance tools, a custom report writer and the ability to easily brand the CMMS with the customer’s logo. It also covers onsite training as well as a 10GB storage.
- Enterprise– The Enterprise plan ($79 per user per month) allows companies to integrate their CMMS with other enterprise software systems like an ERP or financial reporting system, with pre-built connectors. Align your purchasing, inventory, resource planning with your ERP automatically. Custom features are also available with the EAM Connect tier as per the customers’ needs. Users will also get a Dedicated Elite Support manager with customized training and live interactive support.
- Users can also use the Free Tier where they can track their assets, plan preventative maintenance, and create/edit work orders for free. They can also combine it with the free mobile app.
We’ve indicated some of the standard features of Fiix below, but here is a brief description of each:
- Add equipment/assets from mobile devices. Users can also locate assets via GPS or QR codes.
- Attach information (such as warranties, manuals, etc) to each asset via drag-and-drop
- Track assets as they moves between sites, technicians, or work orders
- Ability to search missing information on parts and equipment via MA Source
- Assign work orders to technicians based on maintenance request – technicians get automatic notifications of upcoming work
- Create multi-asset work orders and save common commands to use again in future
- Ability to add and track maintenance costs (parts, labor, etc)
- Preventative maintenance
- Ability to schedule maintenance based on meter readings, calendar, or custom triggers
- View and filter current and upcoming maintenance work via calendar
- Track purchases, prices, and quantities or parts
- Get quotes from inventory suppliers; also manage suppliers and vendors
- Drag and drop data to create a Bill of Materials for Assets
- Multiple currency support
- Full-featured native application for iOS and Android
- Access maintenance events, work orders, and information on assets
- Import data via QR codes, bar codes, or asset tags
- Video tutorials available
- Technicians can send parts requests to managers
- Parts that are low in stock or needed for upcoming work are triggered for reorder
- Ability to research different parts vendors/suppliers and their prices
- Send proposals and purchase orders directly to vendors
- Dashboard view of KPIs (key performance indicators)
- Availability of 150 report templates
- Ability for automatic reports to be sent anytime, anywhere
- Create custom reports and views with advanced filters
- Use of building and designing queries
- Track all maintenance performances with Audit Log
- Ability to monitor compliance via dashboard
- Ability to attach technician personnel information (licenses, certificates, etc)
- Ability to set user permissions based on site, location, or job title
- Notify users of specific events/work orders that pertain to them
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) – Fiix has a full CMMS/EAM Platform available for OEMs, White Label Partners, and Solution Providers to distribute their own integrated CMMS/EAM built on the Fiix platform.
The MRO Marketplace lets users automatically populate their equipment or parts database by using related information directly from leading MRO parts databases. When creating a new part, search to locate the part in the MRO database, then simply click copy to CMMS and their parts record is automatically populated with the parts data. MA Source can also quickly search for and buy supplies and spare parts from the world’s leading MRO parts distributors, all directly inside the CMMS.
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
Fiix is available for many different industries in over 90 countries, including education, healthcare, government, manufacturing, utilities, and even churches and fitness centers. We’ve listed ten of its customers below:
- American Standard
- Colorado Rockies
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Training is available at the Basic, Professional or Enterprise level. Implementation assistance is offered in either a Kickstarter or Custom package.
Onsite implementation can vary from a few hours using Fiix’s web-based services to a number of weeks at the client’s site. The engagement may encompass a broad range of activities from training to implementation: defining CMMS project goals, analyzing client’s current operational state, reviewing existing data and making recommendations on effective data gathering and asset hierarchy structures, developing implementation project and timeline, user training and initial system configuration and data entry.
Fiix offers four different training packages. They are:
- Basic ($1,200) – This six-hour training program is designed to kick start a client’s Basic CMMS rollout, by covering user setup, asset creation, work orders, scheduled maintenance and parts planning.
- Professional ($1,600) – A full eight-hour program that covers all aspects of the professional CMMS, including data import, user group creation, rounds, reports and filtering.
- Enterprise ($2,400) – This comprehensive 12-hour training and support program for Enterprise CMMS clients, covers multi-site setup, purchasing and failure codes.
- Report designer ($800) – A complete four-hour program that covers query building, basic custom filtering, designing master detailed reports, creating custom fields, advanced filtering and adding graphs.
Customer Service & Support
Customers can contact tech support via phone or by creating a support ticket request online, and access a knowledge base of troubleshooting questions, answers, and support videos.
Customers can also suggest a new feature of the system via the Features Request forum. Fiix also provides a free online training webinar every Thursday.
Fiix provided an on-premise solution in its early years, but has since been phased out. It also no longer supports multiple languages.
Fiix (formerly Maintenance Assistant) creates maintenance software that’s easy to use, flexible and affordable. Its cloud-based CMMS is disrupting the market by revolutionizing how thousands of companies worldwide schedule, organize and track maintenance.
Incorporated in 2008 and headquartered in Toronto, Fiix is committed to providing innovative CMMS solutions to companies of all sizes.Download Vendor Comparison Guide