Essets At A Glance
As an asset management tool, eSSETS can work in a broad cross section of factories, offices, kitchens, and anywhere that people have a need to organize and maximize the efficiency of their machines.
Some examples of where eSSETS can be employed include:
- Office equipment – PC’s, Servers, Printers, Scanners, Copiers, Monitors
- HVAC – Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning equipment, commercial and residential
- Refrigeration – Freezers, Refrigerators, Ice makers, commercial and residential
- Kitchen/Food Service equipment – Ovens, Griddles, Fryers, Dishwashers
- Material Handling – Forklifts
- Aerial Work Platforms – Scissor Lifts, Boom Lifts
- Vehicles – Cars and Trucks with fuel-efficiency specs going back to 1978
- Specialty Vehicles – Fuel Trucks, Fire Trucks, De-icer Trucks, Snow Plows, Golf/Utility Vehicles
- Ground Service Equipment – GPU’s, Push-back Tractors, Tow Tractors
eSSETS is an in-depth but also simple to use CMMS solution. The essential features of their product can be broken down into several fundamental benefits. Some notable benefits are:
- Organizational hierarchy – eSSETS runs on a tree structure that organizes all of a company’s assets into an hierarchy. For example, assets can be classified by the region or district they service. They could also be classified by their actual physical location, e.g. building, parking lot, etc.
- Assigning specifications – No two assets are alike, and eSSETS’ software reflects this reality. For example, a forklift has very different characteristics from a boiler, so unique specifications and other attributes are provided based upon the type of asset being considered. In many cases eSSETS can speed up the setup process of customer assets in eSSETS by matching brand and model to their extensive database of common commercial equipment and bringing in those unique specifications.
- Who is responsible for what – Ensuring that assets always operate at top capacity means that there are many different people, oftentimes from outside the organization, that are going to be responsible for management and care. eSSETS provides tools for identifying which person is supposed to be handling what asset, who provides warranty coverage, who can maintain it, and who can fix it when it breaks?
- Going beyond accounting – Normal accounting systems are made only to track transactions. eSSETS has expanded their technology to track the entirety of every activity that occurs during an asset’s lifecycle, from purchase through disposition. Historical activities can answer important questions and indicate trends that can assist with future planning.
- ActivityQ – Activity Q goes beyond merely defining the past, as historical activities may do. It helps to create and assign work that ensures assets fulfill their top potential.
- Action Lists – Sometimes customers need to check and inspect, other times they need to take prescribed actions, and other times they react to what they see. eSSETS supports check, do and respond types of actions. Action Lists can be pre-defined and standarized across your organization for enhanced quality control.
In July 2015, eSSETS has announced its release of Version 7.0 that provides updates to its features, such as:
- New 3D technology for asset labeling – including ability to scan QR Codes straight from mobile devices rather purchasing a barcode scanner
- In the “who has what” functionality, users can now look up a name of an asset and see which employee currently has it and when asset was issued
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
eSSETS works with companies across a wide range of industries. Some of the main areas where they have a significant presence include:
- Local Governments
- Small & Medium-Sized Businesses
- College/University Campuses
- School Systems
- Restaurants/Food Service
Below is a list of companies eSSETS has worked with:
- Beachcomber Motel & Spa
- Ozarks Technical Community College
- Surf and Sand Lodge
- Villa Angela
- Ursulines of the Chatham Union
- Island Entertainment Brands - Margaritaville Caribbean
- WasteXpress Environmental
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
An extensive resource guide is available online for customers looking to expand their knowledge of eSSETS. The guide includes case studies, ebooks, research, and analysis on facilities management best practices and innovations.
Customer Service & Support
Training sessions are provided upon request using web conferencing. Context sensitive How To instructions are provided online with the click of a link from pages within the application. Training videos are also available from How To links. Free telephone support is available from 7:00am to 7:00pm CST Monday through Friday. Email support is embedded within the application and through support email address. Training customized to specific business needs is available as web conferences which can be recorded for later reuse.
Currently, no functions are specifically provided for predictive maintenance, such as tracking vibration level trends of machinery. Thus, eSSETS is not a good fit for process manufacturing. eSSETS focuses foremost on simplicity, so the best fit is not hardcore reliability/mechanical engineering environments.
eSSETS is a web-based asset tracking software vendor that helps companies organize and manage properties, buildings, facilities, vehicles, equipment and other physical assets. Their cloud asset management system makes facilities asset management and maintenance more efficient and cost effective.
Where accounting systems usually track only historical costs, eSSETS provides proactive, whole enterprise asset management. Their EAM and CMMS software solutions provide activity tracking for the full lifecycle allowing for easy asset management, from acquisition to final disposition. Service requests, condition-notes, inspections, reminders, vendor invoices, maintenance, repairs, overhauls and valuation adjustments are delivered in an efficient and timely manner.Download Vendor Comparison Guide