Santa Monica, CA
Maxpanda At A Glance
Maxpanda is dedicated CMMS software accessible via the Web. Unlike most vendors, Maxpanda offers a pay-as-you-go subscription option, where customers can pay by credit card monthly and cancel at any time. There are no contracts or set-up fees. There are also no fees for data backup, product upgrades or software maintenance.
As Maxpanda is SaaS, companies benefit from not having to purchase server hardware or additional software, are less reliance on their IT department, and have a faster implementation process through cloud deployment. The solution also is available for companies with multiple locations.
Maxpanda offers five pricing plans. They are:
- Starter ($26 a month) – This plan allows users to create up to 100 work orders a month. It also allows an unlimited number of users, users can track an unlimited number of buildings, locations, parts, and other assets, multiple language support, 5GB data storage, a guest portal, custom email notification with company logo, and daily backup of data.
- Enhanced ($63 a month) – This plan has all of the features of the Starter plan, however, it allows up to 150 new work orders a month, has a data storage of 10GB, and features free mobile access available via Apple’s App Store and Android’s Google Play. It also has a corporate level management functionality that lets a company admin oversee a maximum of 15 sites or departments.
- Standard ($109 a month) – The Standard plan has a maximum of 350 new work orders a month, a 25GB data storage, and the company admin can oversee up to 25 sites or departments.
- Pro ($180 a month) – The Pro plan allows up to 500 new work orders a month, a 50GB data storage, the company admin can oversee up to 50 sites or departments.
- Enterprise ($274 a month) – This plan has all of the features of the four previous plans, plus an unlimited amount of new work orders monthly, 100GB data storage, and the company admin can oversee up to 100 sites or departments.
Regardless of what plans they pick, companies will get a comprehensive array of CMMS features.
In addition to work order management, asset management, inventory management, and preventative maintenance, Maxpanda offers these following features:
- Automated alerts
- Customizable tasks / checklists
- Guests can create/edit work orders via Guest Service portal
- Upload manual and documents
- Inspections and reports
- Notifications of past-due tasks
- Labor and material costs management
- Contractor and vendor management/invoicing
- Property improvement intitatives
- Role management (users can be assigned to any of the nine roles that are defined: company admin, editor, internal staff, limited vendor, unlimited vendor, submitter, tenant, viewer, and guests)
- Admins and Editors can approve work orders via the mobile app
- Option to hide Priorities from viewers and submitters in a work order
- Ability to use QR codes on smartphones to look up equipment/location history and add parts to work orders
In April 2016, Maxpanda added these new features/upgrades:
- Upgraded parts management functionality
- DEPARTMENT management functionality for guests/external clients
- Submit Work Orders and Guest Portals now includes DEPARTMENT filters
- Ability to transfer parts from site to site or location to location
- New Purchase Order module
- Ability to assign staff and vendors to DEPARTMENTS
- Supervisor Unlimited functionality for creating/editing with Preventative Maintenance and Task modules
- Ability to generate Vendor Invoices within work orders
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
Maxpanda serves a wide variety of industries worldwide, such as manufacturing, healthcare, education, government, athletics, and construction. We’ve listed ten of its customers below:
- Boise State University
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- City of New Haven, CT
- Hampton Inn & Suites
- University of Florida
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Customers start with a 15-day free trial period, after which their subscription begins (their monthly fee is automatically paid via credit card). However, Maxpanda offers a four-step process for companies that want a dedicated implementation plan.
- Step 1 – Determining the company’s needs for a CMMS package (i.e. importing existing data, how many users will access solution, etc)
- Step 2 – Reflecting on how the CMMS will work with the company’s current processes and procedures
- Step 3 – Building a team of employees that will primarily be using the solution
- Step 4 – Define goals and objectives for implementation
Maxpanda also offers free data import sevice, where they import the data from an existing CMMS and users won’t have to worry about missing or duplicate data. It also offers training for customers prior to implementation, as well as ongoing training.
Customer Service & Support
Customers will get a dedicated technical support portal that is built in the CMMS dashboard. Through this portal, users can submit support tickets. Customers also can call or email their dedicated Maxpanda Product Manager during business hours.
Maxpanda currently does not integrate with any other systems, however, this will change in the 3rd quarter of 2016 when it’ll be able to integrate with Quickbooks, Wufoo forms, Salesforce and Zapier.
Maxpanda places a strong emphasis on customer satisfaction – not just from its own customers, but the customers’ internal and external clients. Its CMMS solution is entirely Web-based deployed as a SaaS. Maxpanda is one of the few vendors that offers a pay-as-you-go subscription service (no contracts, no implementation charges, or hidden fees) that the customer can cancel for any reason at any time.
Maxpanda is also non-profit friendly. Non-profits are eligible for up to 20% discounts on specific plans. A portion of the subscription fees goes to the World Wildlife Fund, an organization dedicated to conserving nature.Download Vendor Comparison Guide