FieldAware At A Glance
FieldAware is a field service management (FSM) solution that aids field service technicians and dispatchers in their jobs. It provides the following benefits:
- Improve customer service – Technicians will have all of the customer’s information as well as the work order at their fingertips.
- Better tracking of inventory – FieldAware provides alerts on low inventory levels and ensures the technician has the parts at the time of service.
- Improve revenue – Technicians can spend more time in the field per week, therefore, generating more profits. Plus, the company can also receive payments from the customers faster.
- Cost-efficient – As FieldAware is cloud- and mobile-based, companies won’t have to purchase servers or software.
- Ability to upsell services to current customers while on the service call.
FieldAware is available in three different licensing options: Pro, Premium, and Enterprise.
- Pro – Designed for smaller companies, the Pro edition offers the basic FieldAware features, such as scheduling and dispatch, invoicing, customer management, time sheets, unlimited custom fields, mobile access, work order management, quotes and estimates, and standard reporting.
- Premium – For mid-sized and larger companies, the Premium edition incorporates all of the features of the Pro, however, it adds a customer self-service portal, executive dashboards and more in-depth reporting, and the option to integrate FieldAware to a company’s existing systems (ERP, CRM, Accounting, etc).
- Enterprise – This edition is for companies that has specific needs for their business. It includes all of the features of the previous two editions, but adds ad-hoc reporting and premium support.
Some of the standard features for FieldAware are indicated below – however there are also these following functions:
- Mobile access – Field workers and other users can access FieldAware from any mobile device as it utilizes FieldAware’s native mobile apps and is built for iOS and Android. Technicians can access the customer information and past and current jobs, get directions to the job location, update work orders with voice recognition technology, or attach photos and other documents. Current data can be accessed when the device is offline – information can be synced with the software once the wireless signal is detected.
- Invoicing – Field workers can create invoices right on the job (and can get the customer’s signature) which will then be emailed to the customer. The system includes custom invoice templates that can be exported to a PDF – and can also integrate with accounting systems such as QuickBooks or NetSuite.
- Executive Dashboards – The feature benefits companies that want to grow their businesses or improve their processes (figuring out why decrease in revenue or unhappy customers). The dashboard feature real-time information and can be filtered by categories, such as date, job type, or technician. The reports are displayed in either a table, pie chart, or line chart, and can be exported to Excel, CSV, or PDF.
- Quotes – To aid in upselling (selling additional products or services at time of the job), technicians can look up quotes and estimates, auto-fill customer information, and capture electronic signatures (if customer accepts the quote) – all from a mobile device.
- Self-Service Portal – This feature allows customers to submit service requests, look up available service equipment, and view status of job requests and past invoices. The customizable portal includes the company’s choice of layout (color, company logo) and greeting.
- Roles & Rights – With this feature, companies can extend access of FieldAware to those outside of the business, such as contractors. Access can be restricted as the customer sees fit – such as not allowing access to proprietary information, for example.
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
FieldAware serves a wide variety of industries, including manufacturing, utility and energy, retail, and hospitality. Below is a sampling of their customers:
- Builder Security Group
- D&G Excavating Inc.
- Eco Electric
- Exceptional Restaurant Company
- Henrich Equipment
- Global Production Solutions
- Powermax Contracting Ltd.
- Spic 'N' Span Mobile Wash
- Toth Corporation
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
As it is a cloud-based solution, FieldAware’s implementation process is faster. FieldAware uses the Quick-Start five best-practices methodology, which are:
- Documentation and discussion of the company’s solution requirements
- System configuration
- Data migration into FieldAware’s system
- User training
- Project Management
Quick-Start methodology is offered in three service packages: Basic, Standard, and Expanded.
- Basic – This includes a one-hour kickoff call, three one-hour training sessions, project plan, and data migration.
- Standard – Customers will get all of the Basic services, as well as requirements definition, system configuration, additional data migration (such as tasks and job history), tailored training sessions, and project management.
- Expanded – This package encompasses all of the features of the other two packages, plus adds two two-day visits to the company site to perform solution design or additional training.
Customer Service & Support
Customers can contact tech support via phone, email, or live chat.
FieldAware focuses primarily on field service management, so while it does have inventory management and work order management, it does not offer maintenance features, such as preventative maintenance. The solution is also deployed in the cloud so companies who has a preference for hosting the solution will have to look at other solutions.
Founded in 2009, FieldAware provides cloud-based, mobile field service management solutions to help businesses simplify their processes, improve field worker productivity, improve customer service and revenue, and expand into new markets. Its mobile-based architecture is built with no legacy software, features, or functions.
FieldAware has multiple locations worldwide – Chicago, Plano, TX, Clearwater, FL, Australia, and the United Kingdom. In January of 2015, it has received 2014 Tech Trailblazers Awards in the Mobile Technology Trailblazer category.Download Vendor Comparison Guide