FastMaint At A Glance
FastMaint is a Windows-based CMMS software intended for smaller companies or smaller teams within a large organization. It is available in four editions:
- Basic – At $495, this edition is intended for a single user. It has basic maintenance features and the user can only utilize the built-in Microsoft Access database (ability to use Microsoft SQL server is not available).
- Standard – A $995 edition that still supports a single user but includes other features not available in the Basic Edition, such as the ability to use more than 40 task templates, equipment records, and location definitions. Users can also create purchase orders, and bar code support is offered as an add-on.
- Professional – Starting at $2,495, this edition supports multiple users and the ability to use both Microsoft Access database and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Web – Also at $2,495, this edition allows users to access FastMaint via the web browser (i.e. Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Chrome).
In May 2015, FastMaint has announced its newest release (Version 7) of its software. Version 7 provides updated features, such as the ability for non-FastMaint users to submit and update maintenance requests via email which is then converted to work orders. There is also a new WYSIWYG report editor for customizing reports. Finally, there is a new import feature that allows users to import text files of data, such as prices of parts.
We’ve listed several of the features that you’ll find for each edition below:
- Work order creation for planned and unplanned maintenance
- Ability to insert links and images to external documents
- Custom data field creation for specific task or work order
- Maintenance scheduling
- Ability to track maintenance expenses by labor or materials
- Schedule labor hours and technician availability
- Inventory management
- Equipment/assets management
- Vendor information management
- Customize work orders and reports
- Import/export work order and parts information
- Send work orders to staff via email
- Includes all of the features in the Basic edition
- Ability to create more than 40 templates, equipment records, or location definitions
- Purchase order management
- Barcode support (note it’s an add-on module)
- Includes all of the features of the previous two editions
- Multi-user support
- Ability to create and edit work orders via Web (offered as an option)
- Choice of using Microsoft Access database or Microsoft SQL Server
- Process work order updates sent from staff via email or text
- Email or text alerts on work order status and other updates
- Built-in ability to create and edit work orders via Web
- Automatic report generation
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
FastMaint is used in many industries, including utilities, manufacturing, and industrial and commercial facilities. We’ve listed several of its customers below:
- Carnegie Mellon University
- City of Boulder, CO
- General Dynamics Robotics Systems
- General Services Administration (GSA),
- Mars Pet Care
- Northrop Grumman Corporation
- Virtus Nutrition
- Westin Hotels
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Companies purchase a one-time license fee for the package of their choice. SMGlobal offers an optional annual maintenance fee for new updates and support. The license can be purchased via SMGlobal’s site or via check. Once purchased, the 30-day trial version will be converted to the full version. The license key will be emailed within five business days.
For training purposes, SMGlobal offers a list of ebooks on its site.
Customer Service & Support
SMGlobal’s support site hosts a knowledge base and FAQs for users to search for answers on troubleshooting and other issues. They can also submit a question via this site.
Users can also call or email tech support – SMGlobal indicates they attempt to answer questions within a 4-hour time frame during normal working hours.
FastMaint is not compatible with Macs. Also, SMGlobal does not offer hosting services, so companies are responsible for hosting and maintaining the software on their servers.
FastMaint is sold by SMGlobal Inc., a small, privately-held company based in Apex, NC. FastMaint was created to give small-to-medium-sized organizations a way to track their assets and equipment maintenance via an easy-to-use software.
In 2002, FastMaint has been rated a Cool Tool by Network World magazine, and has received the Microsoft’s ISV Competency designation in 2006.Download Vendor Comparison Guide