Dossier Systems Inc.
Dossier Software At A Glance
Dossier was founded by fleet management experts over 30 years ago and has provided a continual focus on fleet management over the years.
Dossier’s products allow any client in need of fleet maintenance to operate the system, whether the the user is entirely new to CMMS, or needing a system that can integrate with legacy data from a past system. The equipment may be maintained by a dealership, leased out to others, or privately held and operated within a shop, and Dossier will allow accurate record keeping for checking an asset’s up-time, mileage, warranty dates, and more on the fly.
The system incorporates a wide range of features within its three editions:
- Essentials – For control over standard fleet elements and users who don’t need inventory management, personnel management, or vendor management.
- Professional – For complete detailed reporting on all assets, building on features offered in Essentials.
- Enterprise – For large companies expanding across multiple locations needing a scalable solution to support thousands of users and hundreds of thousands of assets.
In Dossier’s most recent product release (announced in April 2015), Dossier 6.4, there are several new and upgraded features, such as:
- A new Dossier Cloud Services platform that manages communication in and out of Dossier. This is beneficial for customers that prefer not to maintain the server.
- Mobile access for non-maintenance professionals (Dossier Lite mobile tools available on iOS and Android devices)
- Work Pending functionality where technicians, drivers, and managers can access and send/update Work Pending item requests
- Integration with Zonar Systems so that Dossier data can flow with Zonar’s Electronic Vehicle Inspection Report Systems
- Support of Windows Security integration, which eliminates the need for a second login
Dossier’s product features include many advanced technologies for saving time and improving accuracy on keeping track of fleet assets. Its solution is broken down into 10 standard features, 3 of which are optional in Essentials:
Daily Reminder Dashboard – “Your Virtual Fleet Assistant” gives real-time insight on fleet assets including open and pending repairs, the status of ordered parts, employee driver information such as licenses and physicals, equipment information such as permits and other items needing renewal, and tire management for checking air pressure and tread issues.
Predictive Scheduling & Maintenance – Dossier’s PM service and additional inspection scheduling strives to become 80% of all work performed. Instant Recall is a feature that allows maintenance personnel to check the history of each asset before taking action.
Fuel Usage, Vehicle Tracking, and Performance Analysis – Linked with the Dossier Dashboard, users are able to track fuel consumption, costs, and efficiency trends for identifying vehicles and drivers with low fuel efficiency.
Management and Control of Warranty Costs – Dossier simplifies warranty management for keeping track of renewals and costs. As the warranties incur, Dossier automates reporting on costs to reduce manual entry.
DOT and OSHA Compliance – Stay compliant with DOT and OSHA regulations by automatically scheduling drivers license renewals, CDL certificates and renewals, and tracking mechanic certifications.
VMRS Coding – With 9 digit VMRS codes, use one code for communicating between maintenance personnel, your database, and management to keep track of labor, parts ordered, quotes, authorizations, and create Technician Fail Codes for analyzing buying decisions.
Reports – Dossier offers 150 templates for reports on operational, management, and executive processes as well as customizable options.
The following three are optional in Essentials:
Inventory Management – Accurately track inventory control and reduce obsolete, on-hand, and duplicate parts. Dossier’s Inventory Management allows users to track, report, measure costs, count cycles, and automatically re-order parts.
Personnel Management – Finely track details on personnel tied to your fleet with fields such as files, records, photos, productivity data, repair history and costs, CDL license, physician exams, and more.
Vendor Management – Automate tracking on contract terms, contacts, and purchases with vendors. Gain the ability to negotiate prices and hold vendors accountable for their services with informed decision making.
Other notable features include advanced technologies such as Parts Bar Coding for utilizing a bar code when adding information, and Pocket Dossier for accessing the system through a mobile device.
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
Dossier is suited for industries with managed fleets such as in agriculture, beverage, construction, food & dairy, emergency responders, government, marine, mining, oil & gas, school and charter bus, service industries, transportation, trucking, utilities, and waste management. Some of their customers we have listed below:
- Republic Services, Inc.
- City of Lemoore, CA
- Silver Eagle Distributors
- LCT Transportation Services
- New York Container Terminal
- Troy Construction
- Ace Grease Services, Inc.
- California Multimodal, LLC
- Hotwire Communication
- Carry On Trucking
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Dossier offers several services for a fast and thorough implementation period. These services include:
- Pre-Deployment Design for identifying your business practices and workflow,
- System Integration for linking with accounting or dispatch if necessary,
- System Data Auditing for analyzing fleet data once the software has been launched for recommending effective uses,
- Data Conversion for migrating legacy data from a past system if possible,
- Fast Start Services for pre-loading fleet data, and
- System Configuration for setting up the software to meet user needs.
Customer Service & Support
Dossier offers training programs for End-User Training, Fleet Manager Training, Train the Trainer, and Executive Training – both on-site and at company headquarters.
Technical support services are offered by phone, email, interactive online, and through Dossier’s Knowledge Base.
The Dossier Users Group is an online community of Dossier users for accessing useful information such as Tech Tips, Dossier Documentation, industry FAQS, and other information concerning the yearly Dossier Users Group Summit Meeting.
The software is fully focused on fleet maintenance and is not a complete solution for managing all of a company’s equipment assets.
Founded in 1979, Arsenualt Associates recently became Dossier Systems. The company prides itself in beginning as experienced fleet experts who understood the industry before launching its solutions.
The company continues to enhance its products, promising never to provide obsolete technology through customer driven developments.
Dossier Systems is also known for its partners and sponsorships including the Drexel University Student Co-op program, the West Chester University Student Co-op program, and the Environmental Research and Education Foundation (EREF).Download Vendor Comparison Guide