API Maintenance Sys.
API PRO At A Glance
API PRO is an enterprise asset management (EAM) system that is customized to a company’s needs, whether they have few users or several hundreds of users, a single location or multiple locations. API PRO is an open access system that utilizes multi-tier technology and databases, such as Oracle, Progress, and MS SQL Server. Companies can access API PRO either on-premise or via a Web hosted solution (where API PRO hosts and maintains the system for a monthly fee). It is also available from any smartphones and tablets.
Customers can select the specific modules that fit their needs. API PRO includes these standard modules: Asset Information, Work Order Management, Inspections, Stock Control, and Purchase Management. Customers can add on these following modules:
- Drawings and technical documents
- Project management
- Change logging
- Multi-site functionality
- Job request portal
API PRO offers traditional maintenance features, which are listed below. However, it also offers reporting features, a dashboard, and the API PRO Analytics.
With API PRO’s Crystal Reports, users can customize their own reports. They can also create reports using the built-in data browsers. Users can filter specific fields for their reports, such as work history, and can export reports to Excel or other programs.
The API PRO Analytics is a business intelligence module that provides a comprehensive KPI analysis. It can integrate with existing data warehouses, combine maintenance KPIs with a company’s financial information from ERP systems, and provide drill down methods for individual transactions. As the analytics module works with Qlikview, users can create reports and export them in different file formats and to different programs.
API PRO’s latest version, API PRO 8, includes some new features, such as:
* Work management – Users can receive notifications for events relating to their work orders, plan their work orders in a step-by-step process while linking multiple work suppliers, and access information on qualifications and skills of work suppliers.
* Inventory management – Users can purchase directly from imported supplier catalogs and suppliers’ Web sites. They also have the ability to purchase multiple parts in a single process. API PRO has improved other inventory features, such as calculations of spare parts’ average prices, ability to use unlimited number of VAT rates, and introduces its eClass and GTN/EAN numbers for classifying spare parts.
* General features – Improvement to general features include full support of data integration to SAP and other ERP systems, spare parts and maintenance object names in multiple languages, improved handling of multiple companies in one system, user-defined fields can be added to any screen, and an improved calibration module.
API PRO has also improved its mobile app – there is an offline mode that allows users to access and update work orders, add images, and scan barcodes of parts if they’re out of a mobile range. Once they get back online, the data is then synchronized with the API PRO system.
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
API PRO is targeted to these following industries: food, pharmaceuticals, power & utility, manufacturing, process industry, and ports & port operators. We’ve listed their customers below:
- Aker Verdal
- Arla Foods
- Bang & Olufsen
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Customers have a dedicated implementation consultant who guides them in the solution implementation process. The process is as follows:
- Kick-off – During this meeting, the customers have an opportunity to discuss who will be using the software, what features will or will not be used, and how the software fits in with their overall needs.
- System installation – During this step, the customer data is imported into the system. The system is also integrated with the customer’s existing solution, such as ERPs.
- Training – API PRO offers individual training courses for new users that is a combination of workshops and training. It also offers its API PRO Academy that provides courses tailored to the specific users and their job roles.
- System testing and configuration
Customer Service & Support
Customers receive support via API’s Web-based system (note a valid service agreement is required). They can submit a new ticket or modify an existing one.
Although it partners with five re-sellers located in the U.S., the API PRO is mainly aimed at European customers and doesn’t have a strong presence in the U.S.
For over 25 years, API Maintenance Systems have been delivering and supporting maintenance software to its customers all across Europe. Its mission is to help customers improve business performance and gain a better return on investment (ROI) by reducing maintenance cost and equipment downtime.
Headquartered in Denmark, API has global offices in Germany, Poland, Sweden, and China, to name a few. In 2014, it’s latest sales office opened in the U.K.Download Vendor Comparison Guide