Epicor HCM At A Glance
While Epicor’s main customers are within the retail, distribution, manufacturing, and services industries, Epicor HCM is also offered as a standalone solution.
The HR software comes integrated with other industry software packages, but can also extend beyond Epicor’s specialized industries to include other types of companies as well.
The standalone solution covers human capital management (HCM) with processes such as on-boarding and performance tracking, but also integrates with accounting functions.
Epicor HCM covers a full suite of Core and Strategic features for workforce management.
Employees or potential hiring candidates can access parts of the system for storing workforce data:
- View and request time off
- View and manage benefit enrollment
- Access and sign company documents
- Maintain a competency profile
- View and update personal information
- Enroll in training courses
- Manage goals
- Candidate self service
- Search and apply online for open positions
- Create and maintain job history and skills profile
- Attach resume
- Complete interview questions
- Global employee records
- Absence tracking
- Benefits administration
- Recruitment management
- Salary admin and planning
- Competency administration
- Manager self service
- Reporting and analysis
- Configuration tools
Training features help incorporate employees for adopting the right skills and responsibilities:
Training & Development
- Manage courses, sessions, costs, enrollment, and completion
- Integrate goals to encourage completion
- Comprehensive training history
- Goal management
- Configurable appraisal documents
- 360 reviews
- Employee self appraisal
Strategic reporting gives your HR department the information needed in making analytic decisions:
- Export data using templates
- On demand or scheduled
- Review and audit exported information
- Enables interfaces to other systems
- Track hours worked
- Integrated to absence tracking
- Submit and approve hours online
- Manage overtime rules by department and project allocations
Position Control & Budgeting
- Manage headcount and FTE’s
- Track employees working in multiple positions
- Manage funding sources
- Attendance Management?
- Benefits Administration?
- Employee Self-Service?
- Learning Management System?
- Mobile Access?
- Payroll Management?
- Performance Appraisal?
- Recruiting Management?
Epicor specializes in offering a range of software solutions to retail, distribution, manufacturing, and services companies. Epicor HCM can be an integral part of industry specific packages, or a standalone HR solution as well.
- Jay's Ace Hardware
- New South Construction Supply
- American Time
- Safety Supply Illinois
- North Coast Electric
- Consort Express Lines Ltd.
- Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant
- Scottish Pubilc Pensions Agency
Free Report: 5 Essential Steps for Choosing the Right HR SoftwareChoosing an HR Software solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
The software can be deployed and hosted as an on-premise or on-demand SaaS solution. The difference is how you would like your data stored, in-house or web-based through their services.
Epicor HCM requires your company to lay out an Employee Life Cycle before implementation. This means defining each stage your employees go through in forming the right talent within your company.
These stages each have corresponding processes within the system, and help cultivate skills needed within your workforce for top performance. EstesGroup HCM consulting aids in the process for identifying key roles your employees fulfill.
Customer Service & Support
Customers are given access to a customer portal through EpicWeb. Organizing further support on training webcasts, product updates, and direct trouble shooting is done through the portal.
Epicor also offers Epicor Support with over 350 support technicians across 14 locations around the world for 24/7 help.
Epicor HCM covers the full spectrum of HR software, and requires a detailed implementation process. From purchase to launch, months are needed before operating in full swing.
Pricing on the software is also specific to each client, and for that reason, Epicor doesn’t openly give pricing options.
Epicor recently acquired Spectrum Human Resource Systems for including a global platform with payroll functionality.
The company is privately held with over 4,600 employees, and customers across 150 countries.
Their business mission is to “be the leading provider of industry-specific business software that drives growth and profitability for our customers,” with 6 core values: