IFS Applications At A Glance
IFS Applications is an integrated suite of solutions that handle a wide variety of business functions. The solutions are: Financial, Human Resources, Engineering, Projects. Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Maintenance, Sales & Service, and Business Enablers. Within each solution is many different components. For example, in the Human Resources solutions, there are components, such as Payroll, Time & Attendance, Recruitment, and Employee Development.
Businesses can add new components or features to suit their needs. IFS Applications also has cross-functional components, such as Document Management, Business Intelligence, Quality Management, and Accounting Rules.
For the purpose of this review, we will focus on the Maintenance component.
The Maintenance component focuses on work orders, asset management, and preventative maintenance. It also include features such as:
- Scheduling and resourcing – With a drag-and-drop interface, users can add and make changes to maintenance schedules. They can also automatically compare staffing needs with specific maintenance requests/orders.
- B2B contracting – For companies that want to outsource maintenance tasks, this component allows them to find, evaluate, and place bids on sub-contractors for jobs via a collaboration portal. The contractors for the job will also get instructions and report statuses and results via this portal.
- Vehicle information management – Companies can manage their fleet and vehicle maintenance more efficiently, as this component supports operational planning and preventative maintenance.
- Overall equipment effectiveness – This component helps companies increase revenue by evaluating key performance indicators and improvements in equipment performance.
- Equipment management – With this component, companies can manage the complete lifecycle of each asset, from plants to buildings to machines.
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
IFS Applications serves many industries, such as manufacturing, automotive, aerospace, construction, and energy and utilities. We’ve listed several of its customers below:
- COBA Plastics
- E&I Engineering Ltd.
- Hercules Sealing Products
- Maxwell Technologies
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
IFS strives to get its applications implemented in the shortest time possible. Customers will be assigned a dedicated customer service and implementation team for the implementation stage as well as beyond.
IFS also provides training both in the classroom (at IFS training facilities) and via the Web. Classroom training can vary between two to three days based on the course; Web-based training can take anywhere from one to four hours per course.
Customer Service & Support
IFS offers a variety of support packages from a basic maintenance package to a package that includes 24/7 emergency support. Other means of support include IFS’ Internet Support Center where users can request support online. Phone support is also offered. And finally, IFS also has its openIFS business channel on its site where users can discuss business issues and challenges.
As IFS is focused mainly on medium-to-large companies with agile needs, smaller companies may not be able to benefit from using the applications.
Founded in 1983, IFS provides business software to help companies become more agile and respond to business changes and challenges more quickly. Its IFS Applications is a single integrated suite of all business applications (finance, HR, manufacturing, maintenance, ERP, etc) that allows employees and executives to access all of a company’s functions in the same software.
IFS’ headquarters is in Sweden but it has over 2,600 employees in global offices of more than 60 countries. In the U.S. it has offices in Chicago, Boston, Tucson, Dallas, and Los Angeles, to name a few.Download Vendor Comparison Guide