DirectLine At A Glance
DirectLine is an industry specific product, meaning that they design software to work exclusively in target areas. One example is the K-12 space.
DirectLine’s education maintenance management program is a web-based, fully hosted suite of applications and services that lets customers manage every aspect of maintenance through one master control. DirectLine features modules designed specifically for schools, including Fleet Management, Room Scheduler, fully integrated Health and Safety, and Hazmat.
Another space DirectLine works in is facilities management. Their facilities program is also web-based, fully hosted by DirectLine, and similarly empowers customers to manage each aspect of maintenance for their facilities through the single master control. Key functions include:
- Work Order Management
- Preventive Maintenance
- Lock and Key inventory
- Health and Safety training
- Incident tracking
DirectLine operates with a number of different modules that each have their own unique features. We’ve listed out and described in detail some of the more significant modules here below.
The create work requests module transforms requests into Work Orders and assigns the work to a trade, shift, department or specific person. Customers can:
- Use the functionality in Work Orders to allocate parts and tools required for the job, schedule the work, attach documentation such as AutoCAD drawings, instructions, manuals or videos to the work order or even a link to a live website such as state or federal regulatory guidelines.
- Record the work status and details including time to complete and parts used.
- Perform preventive Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Predefine labour, parts and tools needed for repetitive work along with all other similar features found in the standard work order.
- Use the PM Scheduler to create PMs for single assets or grouped assets as well as a full calibration data sheet.
- Attach documents to allow users to import and modify PM instructions when changes are needed.
- Create Work Orders on a fixed scheduled date, a floating completion date or a combination of both.
- Gain facility-wide access to the room inventory for scheduling purposes.
- Request specific type of rooms, identify the meeting setup required, and automatically notify the necessary personnel for setup (Room Scheduler integrates with our facility management software to enable this enhanced functionality).
- Schedule repeat meeting such as the first Monday of every month , or every Wednesday for the next three months.
- Quickly identify days when the building will be unavailable because of construction, holidays, or other impediments.
The building asset functionality helps customers
- Easily analyze short and long term costs of buildings and accurately measure maintenance requirements.
- Track and trace history files, costs and usage of any entity, including vehicles and buildings, within the maintenance jurisdiction.
Employee Records and Training
- Record employee details such as age, address, wages, overtime, entitlements, training or health and safety certificates, and any insurance or licensing information pertinent to the employee’s position.
- Access employee through other parts of the system to control policies and procedures and track wages as a component of costs associated with a project.
- Schedule regular and MOT inspection.
- Organize and access job cards by codes, class and component
- Track and store driver Information with license status, accidents, etc.
- Create an accident database with multiple search function.
- Car fleet management including issues and returns.
- Track vehicles by registration number and depot, and monitor components such as engines, gearboxes, or axles by serial numbers and warranty dates.
- Automatically generate warranty claim forms and get automatic warranty alerts.
- Complete component specifications.
- Track manufacturers’ recalls.
- Reduce the cost of inventory while maintaining sufficient stock to better manage your maintenance needs.
- Automatically calculate the cost of parts and issuing parts from inventory based on demands generated by work orders.
- Automatically create purchase requisitions based on changes to inventory compared to minimum/maximum rules established per part per warehouse.
- Automate as much or as little of the inventory function as is required; because all modules are integrated, the system can be set up with rules and procedures to completely automate most inventory functions.
- Through a database that completely automates room/space utilization, track the use of rooms by the various groups or departments in your organization, allowing for more accurate allocation of costs associated with the work done in these rooms.
- Streamline the complexities of space usage, allocation and costs by simply inputting information such as square footage, utilities, dimensions, and limitations.
Additional key modules include:
- Standard and Safety
- Help Desk
- Contract Management
- Hazardous Materials
- Document Management
- Keys and Locks
- Project Management
- Capital Planning
- The Capital Reserve Fund Module
- Asset Management?
- Inventory Administration?
- Mobile Access?
- Predictive Maintenance?
- Preventative Maintenance?
- Work Order Management?
DirectLine offers their services to businesses of all sizes, from major corporations to startups. Their clients come from multiple sectors, and they have a strong presence in industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, and food processing.
- Kawartha Pine Ridge School District
- Cape Breton University
- Whitworth College
- University of New Brunswick
- State of Washington Community College System
- Olympic College
- UW Bothell
- Cascadia Community College
- Sara Lee
Download Now: The CMMS Buyer's GuideChoosing an CMMS Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
DirectLine’s software price includes implementation, training, usage, full support, updates, scalability and a 60-day cancellation guarantee.
All customers are given an Account Manager and an implementation team that works with them to create a timeline for training, data migration, software customization, and any other needed implementation services.
Features of implementation include:
- Online training
- Continuous learning
- Implementation planning
- Identification of best practices and processes
- Behavior checklist
- “Train the champion”
- on-site training given in each customer location, including satellites
- Training and reference manuals
- Online help
- Annual business review
Customer Service & Support
DirectLine follow-up support includes unlimited live support and training, 18 hours a day on weekdays and 12 hours daily on weekends.
Their call center is not off shore and run by an automatic messaging system. They guarantee that real people will be on the other end of the line to work in a triangle with customers and on-site programmers to resolve any issues.
Because this software runs on a stand-alone installation process, it can sometimes be very difficult for users to integrate all of DirectLine with the ERP software they already have.
In addition, DirectLine does not offer customers the ability to query more than one project at once. In order to accomplish this, several reports have to be prepared separately and then combined together afterwards.
Founded in 1984, Megamation Systems has been providing maintenance management solutions for over 25 years. Their clients include Manufacturers, Facility Managers, School Boards, Universities and Hospitals / Healthcare organizations.
Megamation’s flagship offering is DirectLine, an all-inclusive maintenance management Software as a Service (SaaS) delivered over the Internet. DirectLine is designed to help clients streamline work orders, perform comprehensive preventive maintenance and leverage industry best practices.Download Vendor Comparison Guide