Canvas At A Glance
Canvas is a mobile-based Document Management Solution intended to help companies eliminate paper-based processes.
Businesses can choose from over 17,000 pre-built apps and download them to any mobile device. Many of the apps are industry-specific (i.e. the Medical History app for the healthcare industry) as well as task-specific (i.e. invoices or employee time sheets). Companies can build as many apps as they want and even customize the apps based on their needs.
With the Canvas solution, customers benefit from the following:
- Not having to decipher illegible handwriting
- Sharing files and documents in a more timely manner
- Saving the time and expenses of storing paper
- No worries about lost or damaged paperwork
Canvas provides four pricing plans that can be upgraded at any time. Each plan starts with a free trial and is paid on an annual basis.
- Startup – This plan supports 1-5 users and is priced at $13 per user per month (when paid annually). It covers up to 25 submissions (forms) per user per month (additional submissions are 99 cents each), email/chat support, and third-party cloud integrations.
- Business – At $22 per user per month (when paid annually), the Business plan supports unlimited users. It allows for up to 50 submissions per user per month. The plan includes features such as dispatch, email/phone/chat support, and HIPAA compliance. There is also a custom output functionality that is optional.
- Professional – The Professional plan is priced at $31 per user per month (when paid annually) and covers an unlimited number of submissions. It includes the features of the Business plan but adds these functions as well: dispatch scheduling, Webservices, advanced password management, workflow, and a dedicated support rep.
- Enterprise – This plan is targeted at companies with more than 50 users. It includes features such as a dedicated solutions engineer and SLA/custom contracts.
Canvas is also available for desktops/laptops via its Desktop Client. It can also be integrated with other solutions (i.e. Box, Dropbox, Evernote, and Google Drive) and is exported as a CSV or PDF. Canvas is also available in multiple languages.
Canvas provides most features common with document management. Here, we’d like to highlight the solution’s unique functions as well:
- Calculations – This feature eliminates errors that happen when employees or contractors have to manually make calculations.
- Dispatch – Field workers (i.e. sales reps, etc) receives assignments/tasks on their mobile devices in real time.
- GPS – Users can track their products, tools, and team members via GPS.
- Image capture – Users can take photos and upload them to Canvas.
- Electronic signatures – Clients/customers can sign off on tasks/processes via Canvas.
- Workflow – Users can track submissions and collaborate with others.
- Barcode scanning – Users can look up or track their products or tools.
- Conditional data capture – This includes the ability to connect a database to Canvas to automatically integrate specific data into apps (i.e. patient records, customer names and addresses, etc). Any data collected can be edited later if needed – this is a setting that admins can turn on an app-by-app basis.
- Mobile payment – This feature is another option for a company’s customer or client to pay for services rather than submitting paper checks.
Please note: Canvas provides apps customized to specific industries. For example, there is a work order app specifically intended for HVAC services. There are other apps for time sheets, invoices, field service automation, inspections, performance evaluation, and incident reporting to name a few.
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
Canvas is available for all company sizes in most industries. We’ve listed ten of its customers below:
- Ace Contractors
- Cool Frog Cooling
- Daley's Drywall
- Demmer Corporation
- Red Bull
- The Austin Company
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Canvas has the benefit of shorter implementation time than traditional cloud solutions. Companies can sign up for a 30-day free trial; if they are happy with Canvas, they can sign up for one of the pricing plans. Please note that based on Canvas’ survey of their customers in April 2015, 68% of their customers have built an app from scratch in one business day or less.
Customer Service & Support
Canvas provides support via FAQs and How-to articles in its Help Center. Users can also contact support via email, chat, or phone.
Unlike other Document Management Solutions, Canvas does not capture image/paper taken from scanners or multifunction printers. It also does not have optical character recognition (OCR) capability.
Canvas was founded in 2009 to provide users with a unique Document Management Solution: customizable mobile apps to replace their paper-based processes. It has an application store with over 17,000 pre-built apps that work on all mobile devices.
Headquartered in Reston, VA, Canvas serves customers globally in more than 30 industries and over 70 countries.Download Comparison Guide