San Mateo, CA
Alfresco One At A Glance
Alfresco offers Alfresco One, an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software. The solution is deployed as a hybrid (both cloud and on-premise hosting), making information sharing, document management and collaboration simple.
This solution enables users to synchronize a secure, on-premise repository with a private, cloud-based one, much like eFileCabinet. Such functionality allows authorized users to retrieve and edit documents from all types of platforms, including mobile, on-premise and cloud-based.
To better fit companies’ needs, Alfresco offers two subscription, Departmental and Enterprise. Prices for each aren’t offered up front, but a quote can be requested.
Here’s a comparison of the features from each level:
Alfresco One Departmental
- Supports up to 300 users (additional users can be added)
- 4 cores running on a single CPU
- 9-5 online support
- Optional Alfresco Add-Ons include Records Management, Transformation Server and S3 Connector
- Standard Alfresco Cloud Network (includes 100 users)
- 25 GB Cloud Storage
Alfresco One Enterprise
- Supports up to 1,000 users (additional users can be added)
- 8 cores running over multiple CPUs or virtual environments (this is expandable)
- 24/7 online and phone support
- Optional Alfresco Add-Ons include Records Management, Transformation Server, Index Server, S3 Connector, Centera Connector and System Receiver
- Additional Support Options include Technical Account Manager, Remote Services Engineer and On-site Engineer
- Enterprise Alfresco Cloud Network (includes 500 users)
- 1 TB Cloud Storage
The following five features are the foundation of Alfresco One:
1. Open-source platform – Right at the heart of Alfresco One is an open-source content platform that can be customized to fit specific business needs, similar to TreenoDMS. The platform grants users access to important documents anytime, anywhere via web, email, mobile or desktop.
2. Content synchronization – Internal and external collaborations across enterprises are synchronized to a secure network in the cloud, giving users the flexibility to work on-premise, on the web or on a mobile device. Configurable project areas allow teams to efficiently share information back and forth.
3. Media support – Multimedia files are stored and indexed in a common database for easy access and retrieval. Online access allows users to view and comment on files, regardless of format.
4. Activiti – Activiti is a highly configurable and scalable Java-based Business Process Management (BPM) engine allowing companies to integrate established business processes and workflows.
5. Records management – Users have the ability to declare a document as a record anywhere in Alfresco. Creating File Plans can automatically allow content to be declared and filed based on corporate rules, as well as determine how and where the declared content should be filed for easy access.
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
Alfresco has over 1,800 customers located in 195 countries across the globe. Its software provides ECM solutions for all types of industries, including government, financial services, banking, education and health care.
We’ve listed 10 of their customers below:
- Saks Fifth Avenue
- Harvard Business Publishing
- Office Depot
- PhenoPath Labratories
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Alfresco wants its software to be adopted at any business without changing the way users work. To do so, Alfresco offers integrations with Ephesoft, SAP, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Google Docs and more.
Alfresco also includes customer support, consulting and training services, as well as a vibrant developer and partner community.
Customer Service & Support
From consultation and implementation to working out bumps in the road, Alfresco wants to build relationships with its customers. Alfresco offers customer support, consulting and training services, and a vibrant developer and partner community to ensure enterprise success, increase adoption, maximize ROI, and lower total costs of ownership. The support options are listed below:
- Customer Support Services – Alfresco’s enterprise-class support includes 24×7 coverage, service packs, knowledge base and the option of a dedicated account resource.
- Alfresco Consulting Services – Alfresco’s team of ECM and BPM experts work closely with customers and partners to turn their vision into business value.
- Alfresco University – Alfresco offers dozens of in-person, live over the web, and on-demand training courses for developers, administrators and end users.
- Alfresco Partner Network – Alfresco’s global network of more than 200 technology partners and system integrators offers a wide range of industry and solution expertise.
- Alfresco Community – Alfresco’s passionate community of thousands of developers share advice and expertise.
Alfresco also offers various support packages for subscribed users. The support packages are:
- Premiere Support Services
- Enterprise and Departmental Support
- Developer Support Services, and
- Alfresco Partner Support.
If users have questions or issues, Alfresco’s support team can be reached by phone, or online with a support portal.
Alfresco has a steep learning curve for new users due to its complexity and vast amount of features. Companies won’t need to use every feature provided. However, its many features can fulfill the needs of all industries.
Some users have complained about bugs in the software and the expert Java knowledge needed to customize the product.
Enterprises needing such assistance should consider using the support options in the supported versions of Alfresco One.
Alfresco was founded in 2005 to offer organizations the ability to improve business process efficiency and collaborate more effectively, while securing important content in an easily accessible platform.
Alfresco runs on a mission to deliver outstanding results, experiences and business value throughout the customer life cycle.
Alfresco has served 1,800 customers in 195 countries worldwide. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, CA and Maidenhead, UK.Download Comparison Guide