eFileCabinet At A Glance
eFileCabinet offers two scalable document management software (DMS) solutions: eFileCabinet Desktop and eFileCabinet Online. Each has the same subscription price plan, which is separated into three tiers: Performance, Professional, and Enterprise.
The online, cloud-based platform of eFileCabinet requires no tech expertise to use, and functions like a normal web page in an internet browser, but can also be used out-of-browser. eFileCabinet Online is a viable option for smaller organizations and startups looking to facilitate growth, mobility, and information accessibility.
The Desktop platform lets companies run the software on their own servers, and works well with organizations that have an existing IT team and infrastructure, limited mobility needs, and few travel demands.
eFileCabinet’s setup mimics all the functions of an actual filing cabinet, but in a digital format. Videos of each feature can be found on eFileCabinet’s website.
eFileCabinet’s core features include:
- Cloud View – Back up all electronic documents without needing additional server space. All backed-up files are saved on a secure, cloud-based platform, and they can easily be viewed on any device with an internet connection.
- Capture, Manage & Share – Using eFileCabinet’s simple interface, easily scan or capture client information to be indexed and organized into digital cabinets, drawers and folders.
- Directory Syncing – Verify credentials and quickly import users and groups from a Windows domain.
- CSV Export – This allows users to easily export all profile data into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Compliance Simplifiers – eFileCabinet leverages built-in security features to simplify HIPAA, SEC, and FINRA compliance for offices that want to go paperless.
- Advanced Workflow – Use the workflow module to create a process for individuals and departments to gain approvals and make decisions efficiently.
- Digital Signatures – By clicking a button in the eFileCabinet menu, users can easily request a digital signature, then automatically receive the signed document in a folder of choice.
- Audit Trail – the internal audit trail function of DMS allows administrators and managers (and external auditors) to track the activity of an employee within the DMS.
- Role-Based User Permissions – this feature differentiates standard users from users with permission to access certain files within a DMS.
- File Versioning – Versioning is a process by which you can store different versions of a document with the same title, preventing file duplication and arbitrary file naming.
- SecureDrawer Web Portal – To assure top security of all data and files, SecureDrawer uses SSL/TLS encryption on all data transferred between computers and servers. Data stored on the servers is encrypted with a 256-bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), bank-grade technology in SecureDrawer also offers: setup-free guest user access, simple drawer organization, a responsive quick access panel, metadata-enhanced file retrieval, and superior mobile functionality.
- Instant Access Tool – The eFileCabinet SideKick serves as the bridge between your work devices and eFileCabinet DMS, eliminating the need to toggle back and forth between programs. It also provides rapid file uploading—up to 50+ files at a time—automating a process that would otherwise take much longer.
- Free Mobile Apps – Easily access all important files and data from any location with eFileCabinet’s free mobile apps for both Android and iOS.
eFileCabinet also offers a number Add-Ons for its products:
- Enterprise Access – This satellite/remote access tool helps admins ensure compliance and best practices among various office locations.
- Zonal OCR (Optical Character Recognition) – The equivalent of a virtual office assistant, preventing the need for data entry, this powerful add-on auto-routes documents.
- Data Storage – An additional $10 per month for each additional 100 GB needed.
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
Over the span of 15 years serving small to mid-sized organizations, eFileCabinet has helped over 160,000 users in accounting, financial services, human resources, manufacturing, healthcare, and insurance go paperless, increase profits, and work remarkably through document management solutions.
Below are some of eFileCabinet’s current customers:
- Camp Bow Wow
- Gable Tax Service
- Reliance Aerotech Services, Inc.
- Healthstrides, Inc.
- Benchmark, Aspen and Associates, Ltd
- Roseburg Urban Sanitary Authority
- R & S Tax Solutions
- Scheibe Accounting, LLP
- Quartzdyne, Inc.
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Once businesses choose a subscription plan, eFileCabinet will start the launch process. eFileCabinet provides training videos and articles on its website for new users to quickly learn the software. Additional training can be requested.
Files created in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint can be stored with eFileCabinet software. eFileCabinet can be integrated with the following applications:
- Microsoft Office
- Citrix ShareFile
Customer Service & Support
eFileCabinet empowers its users by offering resources such as FAQ forums, manuals and training/support videos. If a solution can’t be found through these resources, support can be requested via live chat, email or phone.
Some customers have reported bugs within the software, and they’ve noted that customer support is difficult to reach when these bugs occur. eFileCabinet does offer various in-depth support resources on its website for customers to use in addition to contacting the support team.
It’s also been noted that the software doesn’t completely integrate with QuickBooks and Outlook, causing issues when storing and backing up files.
eFileCabinet was founded in 2001 as an innovative tool to digitally store accounting records. Over time, it’s grown into a more refined solution that helps over 160,000 customers capture, manage and protect important data.
eFileCabinet is partnered with Sage, the leading provider of management software and services for small to mid-sized businesses. The partnership allows Sage Impact users to sign-up to use eFileCabinet Online as a document management solution.Download Comparison Guide