13 million users
Zoho Docs At A Glance
Zoho has a variety of apps for specific job functions (i.e. Sales & Marketing, HR, Finance.) However, we will focus this review on Zoho Docs for Business.
Zoho Docs for Business is an application that includes documents, spreadsheets, and presentations all in one place. It is accessible from any device with an Internet connection, including mobile devices.
Zoho Docs has three main applications – Writer (documents), Sheet (spreadsheets), and Show (presentation.) All three apps have a Microsoft Office-like interface, and allow sharing and collaboration.
Users have four primary options for how to share their files: collaborators only, everyone within a company (there are settings to grant users specific read-only or editing privileges), public on the web with password-protection, or public overall.
Zoho Docs is available in three pricing plans (feature comparison is indicated in our Features section below).
- Free for 25 or less users – This plan includes 1GB storage per user plus standard document management features (i.e. ability to create and edit documents) and built-in Writer, Sheet, and Show apps.
- Standard – At $5 per user per month, this plan provides a storage capacity of 50GB per user. It includes other features not available in the Free plan.
- Premium – At $8 per user per month, this plan includes features not available in the Standard version. Storage capacity is 100GB per user. Note that Zoho offers additional storage options for the Standard and Premium plans: another 10GB storage for $3.
Companies that wish to pay an annual subscription will receive a 20% discount.
Zoho Docs can be integrated with other applications, such as Zoho Mail, Dropbox, and Google Apps.
We’ve listed the features below that are included in the specific plan the organization selects:
- Files can by synced with the desktop
- Unlimited file & folder sharing
- Ability to share files/folders as links
- Ability to upload folders
- Email notifications
- Integrates with Dropbox
- Built-in Writer, Sheet, and Show applications
- Version history (check-in/check-out)
- Multi-level folders capability
- Ability to create and edit documents
- Tagging/full-text search
- Ability to add/edit users in bulk
- Access management
- Mobile accessibility (available through Apple store and Google Play)
- Built-in online chat
Standard plans (includes all the features of the Free plan plus these features below):
- Integrates with GApp
- Password-protected sharing
- Task management and group sharing capabilities (i.e. assigning project deadlines, review content, etc)
- Zip/unzip files
- Audit logs/ability to access user activity
Premium plan (includes all of the features of the previous two plans plus these functions):
- Security features, such as SAML based SSO and active directory groups
- Admin governance, such as restoring deleted documents, transferring document ownership, and retrieve data for eDiscovery
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
Zoho provides industry and job-specific apps for Sales & Marketing, HR, and Finance. Zoho Docs for Business is intended for any company size and industry. We’ve listed below ten customers that have used Zoho products:
- American Cancer Society
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Companies that select the Standard and Premium pricing plans will get a 15-day free trial. After the trial period, they can purchase the plan via credit card. Implementation consists of creating a Zoho Docs account. Users can then create and/or upload files.
Users that want the Zoho Docs for Desktop option can download and install the solution (compatible for Windows, Mac, and Linux). After installation, users can sign into their Zoho account to complete the setup by syncing files between the desktop and cloud.
Customer Service & Support
Zoho Docs provides resources on its site, including how-to videos, FAQs, user guides, and community forums. It also offers a “Getting Started with Zoho Docs” webinar twice a month.
Users can also contact customer support by phone or email.
There’s no capability to upload images or videos or even to accept scanned documents. Also, some of the advanced features typically seen in MS Word or Excel are not available in Writer or Spreadsheet.
Zoho began as a network management company called AdventNet in 1996. In 2009, it rebranded itself as Zoho Corporation. In addition to Zoho apps, the company has two divisions – one for IT management and the other for network management.
Over the years, it has added more solutions, such as Zoho CRM (in 2005), Zoho Meeting and Zoho Creator (in 2007), Zoho Invoice, Zoho People, and Zoho Mail (all in 2008), and Zoho Connect, Zoho Vault, Zoho Survey, and Zoho ContactManager (all in 2013). In 2015, Zoho Social and Zoho Expense was introduced.
Zoho Corporation is a privately-held company with 2,500 employees. One notable program is the Zoho University, which hires high-school students and trains them in research, development, and engineering.
Zoho has U.S. locations in Pleasanton, CA and Austin, TX. It also has locations in other countries, such as India, China, and Japan.Download Comparison Guide