Square 9 Softworks
New Haven, CT
GlobalSearch At A Glance
Square 9’s GlobalSearch is an Enterprise Content Management System intended for companies that want to reduce or eliminate paper-based processes. It also helps improve business processes by streamlining repetitive tasks, such as manual data entry, and provides an ease of finding documents by automating routing and notifications.
GlobalSearch is a web-based modular-designed solution that allows companies to scale up or down based on their business needs. (We look at these modules in our Features section below.)
GlobalSearch is available in two editions: Professional and Corporate. The Professional Edition is intended for businesses requiring standard document management capabilities, while the Corporate Edition is more for businesses looking for more advanced functionalities, such as extended automation, data extraction capabilities and a business process workflow designer. The Corporate Edition also includes features such as test bench applications and licensing for disaster recovery.
GlobalSearch runs on a Microsoft .NET architecture so its user interface resembles much like Microsoft Explorer or Microsoft Office.
It supports both virtual or physical environments and runs on Windows Professional and Server Operating systems. GlobalSearch uses Microsoft SQL and supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008, 2008 RS, 2012 and 2014 (Express, Standard and Enterprise), Windows 7 Professional, 8 Professional, 8.1 Professional, and 10 Professional, and Windows Server 2008/2008 R2, 2012/2012 R2, Small Business Server 2008 and Small Business Server 2011 Essentials.
The top features of GlobalSearch are indicated below. Depending on the Edition purchased (Corporate or Professional) these features are included or offered as add-on modules:
- GlobalCapture – Designed to capture, validate, and classify high volumes of multi-formatted documents, GlobalCapture converts valuable data into actionable information. GlobalCapture captures scanned documents and images from any source such as email, dedicated scanners, and multifunction printers (MFPs) and uses advanced data extraction and scanning features such as barcode recognition, OCR, image enhancement, and intelligent batch separation, to streamline the processing of information. GlobalCapture is included with every GlobalSearch installation, reducing the expenses related to acquiring, training, and supporting multiple product lines.
- KeyFree indexing – Offering OCR-assisted data entry automation, KeyFree Indexing automatically populates index fields when a user clicks on a word or phrase within the text. It can be used on files such as the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Outlook, etc), PDF, GIF, JPG, and other image files. One main benefit of Keyfree Indexing is that it reduces manual data entry and the chance of error. Built into all GlobalSearch installations, KeyFree Indexing gives you the ability to capture, extract, and index information from document images, quickly populating GlobalSearch Index Fields with the selected data.
- Image XChange – The Image XChange function helps users find a document or other files within a specific business application (i.e. medical records, CRM, etc) without opening GlobalSearch. Users can CTRL+Right-click on any piece of data on the screen and GlobalSearch displays all documents that match.
- GlobalAction – GlobalAction is the business process management module of GlobalSearch. This module helps set up document workflows from assigning users to work with a specific document to tracking statuses and notifications. Some of the additional features include date routing, automated data export and multi-level approval processes. Via a web-based, drag-and-drop interface, GlobalAction provides the ability to map out and automate complex document processes.
- File XChange – Included with all GlobalSearch installations, File XChange offers direct Integration with the Windows file system, enabling GlobalSearch to appear as a drive. It allows users to save their electronic files (i.e. Word, Excel, web pages) into GlobalSearch and share with others. Users can ‘Save To’ an Archive from any Windows application without opening GlobalSearch.
- GlobalForms – This module is intended for companies that work with paper-based forms and want to eliminate doing so. Users can create their own customized web forms in GlobalForms and submit them into GlobalSearch for archiving. Some of the features of GlobalForms are drag-and-drop GUI, business rules and logic, built-in or customized design themes, and the ability to recycle data and populate a PDF.
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
GlobalSearch is used by a wide variety of industries including healthcare, legal, government, education, and finance. We’ve listed ten of its customers below:
- Time Warner Cable
- Jacksonville Jaguars
- The Ohio State University
- Sony Music
- New York Life
- TN Department of Labor & Workforce Development
- Valley National Bank
- The Hershey Company
- Regional Water Authority
- Industrial Acceptance Corporation
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
GlobalSearch is installed as a web-based or on-premise system. Square 9 also offers a hybrid cloud document management called GlobalSearch C2. Through its GlobalSync cloud integration module, GlobalSearch users access Amazon’s S3 storage platform, providing fast and secure access to documents while reaping the benefits of scalable, redundant, and durable cloud storage.
Implementation is done by Square 9’s Professional Services team or an Authorized Square 9 Reseller. Their process starts with an implementation assessment where the client and Square 9 discuss the client’s goals, project scope and employees that will be using GlobalSearch. The implementation process is as follows:
- Project discovery
- Prototype of the solution
- Start of project execution
- Post implementation review
Square 9 provides other services, such as back file conversion, workflow assessments, integration services, and custom development.
Customer Service & Support
Users can contact tech support via phone or email. They also can access the Support page on Square 9’s site where they can create a support ticket and access the support and developers forum. The Square 9 Support page provides live visibility into how many cases are in queue and current wait times.
There’s no ability to chat within the solution.
Square 9 Softworks offers web-based, on-premise and cloud-enabled Enterprise Content Management solutions. In addition to GlobalSearch, Square 9 includes a diverse portfolio of products, such as solutions for document capture automation, business process automation and web forms management.
Square 9 Softworks distributes its solutions internationally through a network of channel resellers from its corporate office in New Haven, CT along with additional offices in Indianapolis, IN and Irvine, CA.Download Comparison Guide