Longview Analytics At A Glance
Note: Arcplan has merged with Longview Solutions in 2015. Longview offers corporate performance management (CPM) and corporate tax solutions. This review will focus on its BI software, Longview Analytics.
Longview Analytics is a scalable BI solution designed for every user. It allows users to integrate data from many different sources (i.e. ERP, relational databases, OLAP, SAP, Oracle, IBM, etc) into the report or dashboard. Also, the platform itself can be integrated into existing IT hardware without the need to purchase additional infrastructures. The solution can also be deployed company-wide.
Not only can users create reports and dashboards, but they can perform other analytical functions, such as what-if scenarios. And the reports, dashboards, and other analytical functions can be personalized for dedicated end-users (for example, a what-if scenario on future revenue for the Sales department). Users can also run queries against data warehouses and operational databases at the same time.
Longview Analytics can also be downloaded as a mobile app, due to its HTML5 technology. It utilizes the “design once, run anywhere” philosophy in responsive design functionality. Users can access their data as easily from their mobile devices as from their PCs.
Longview’s solutions have many features, some of which are indicated in the checkboxes below. Some of those features include:
- Single-sign-on if integrated with Windows or LDAP
- Available on all web servers
- Longview Application Designer with graphical user interfaces for creating custom dashboards, scorecards and financial reports
- Ability to export data and reports to Excel, PowerPoint and PDF
- Ability to share ad-hoc reports with other users; users can comment on those reports within the solution
- Live data pulled from corporate server and automatically refreshed in real time
- Automatic alerts based on thresholds
- Ability to display data in animation and motion charts in dashboard
- Web 2.0 services for mash-up solutions
- Ad Hoc Analysis?
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)?
- Predictive Analysis?
- Profit Analysis?
- Trend Indicators?
- Ad Hoc Reporting?
- Automatic Scheduled Reporting?
- Customizable Dashboard?
Longview is aimed at a variety of industries, such as Financial Services, Manufacturing, Airlines, Retail, and Healthcare. Below is a partial customer list:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Petco Animal Supplies
- Southwest Airlines
- Turner Broadcasting
Free Report: Selecting The Right BI VendorChoosing a BI vendor is all about finding the right fit. Our exclusive report will walk you through the process and help you select the perfect solution.Download Now
Longview’s implementation methodology can be customized to a specific business, however, it follows a general six-step process. The process is:
- Scope – Longview meets with key executives of the client company to work out goals and requirements of the solution.
- Project Organizations – The project team (both Longview staff and client’s executive involved in implementation) is formed.
- Design – During the design phase, a prototype is developed based on current business processes and is sent for review. Changes are made to the prototype until the design is finalized.
- Configure – Longview configures the solution that’s based on the business and technical requirements of the company.
- System Test – During this phase, various members of the client company tests the solution for issues.
- Rollout – The solution is rolled out to all the end users of the company. Longview measures the results against the business objectives to ensure solution acceptance.
Longview uses its Knowledge Transfer Process to help train companies’ end users. It has dedicated trainers that works with the company to set up a specific learning strategy based on the company’s requirements. Longview also offers a variety of training for new and current users, such as classroom-based training, train-the-trainer, virtual training and eLearning modules.
Customer Service & Support
Customers can access the Longview customer portal for technical resources, such as documentation and community forums. They can also contact Longview by phone or email. Each Longview support agreement includes upgrades and new releases of its solutions.
Longview does not offer the ability to automatically schedule reports.
Arcplan was a leader in innovative Business Intelligence, Dashboard, Corporate Performance and Planning software solutions for desktop and mobile use. In 2015, it merged with Longview Solutions, a leading corporate performance management (CPM) and tax solutions provider. Longview’s solutions help companies make better business decisions with combined financial and operational performance data.
Headquartered in Toronto, ON, Longview has offices in Philadelphia and Chicago, the Netherlands and London. Its merger with arcplan expanded its global customer reach to Europe, South America and Asia.Download Vendor Comparison Guide