ECI Empower At A Glance
ECI’s human capital management (HCM) system, ECI Empower, has features for managing an employee’s entire life cycle from recruitment to retirement.
As a fully unified Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud-based solution, it’s single-sourced, and the vendor hosts client information securely. ECI maintains and backs up your database, so an in-house IT team isn’t required. Users (including employees, managers, recruiters, payroll and benefits administrators) access Empower through a web browser.
ECI Empower can be customized by user role, allowing administrators access to the insights they need most. Third-party tools can also be used to display user-friendly data.
Pricing information isn’t publicly released.
The payroll module is a highly integrated part of the solution. It allows administrators to view employees’ gross-to-net data across many areas of the system. As a result, the solution has a strong focus on reporting, with features for HR’s complete workflow.
Empower’s eight modules are:
1. Applicant Recruitment: Empower has all core functions of an applicant tracking solution for posting open positions, reviewing applications, screening candidates and scheduling interviews. The solution creates a candidate pool by parsing applications based on job descriptions. Candidates apply for jobs online, and the solution gives them a score for HR administrators to review.
2. Onboarding: Through user-defined workflows, HR is able to assign new-hire tasks and documents. Onboarding can be standardized across the company, and processes can be repeated as the company acquires new talent.
3. Self-service: Employees and managers have direct access to company information. They can see data about corporate events, benefits enrollment and paychecks. Employees don’t need help from IT to view and update their information, and HR is able to directly communicate with employees through the self-service portal.
4. Benefits Enrollment/Management: During open enrollment, employees use the self-service module to update their benefits information while viewing system-calculated costs. Managers and administrators can automate much of the eligibility process and have less data to manually enter into the system. The system supports all types of benefits, including health and welfare, flexible spending and life insurance.
5. Payroll Management: ECI’s key payroll benefit is that the solution can import information from disparate systems for clients to consolidate payroll. The solution supports multiple federal IDs as well. As a payroll-focused solution, ECI covers all standard payroll tasks, such as paycheck stuffing and distribution, quarterly 941 processing, 1099 and 940 processing, and W-3 transmittal. In addition, it offers paperless options for direct deposit or pay card services. ECI also takes full liability on tax filings in all 50 states.
6. Reporting: ECI includes business intelligence features for users to create and drill down into their own custom reports and dashboards. Real-time key performance indicators (KPIs) and various visualizations help users identify inefficiencies. HR managers are also able to track critical employee data to maintain compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and federal agencies such as OSHA.
7. Performance Management: Managers are able to set and track goals for better performance reviews. Reviews can be stored historically and include self assessments, compensation fields, workflow definitions and notifications for pending reviews. HR can better identify skills gaps and create a culture of accountability.
8. Time and Labor Management: The solution integrates with many methods of timekeeping, including smartphone apps, wireless terminals and handheld scanners. Managers can view hours worked, adjust times and approve data for payroll processing. Rules are automated, and they can be set up to include overtime policies, shift management, flexible group levels and unlimited pay codes.
- Attendance Management?
- Benefits Administration?
- Employee Self-Service?
- Learning Management System?
- Mobile Access?
- Payroll Management?
- Performance Appraisal?
- Recruiting Management?
ECI Empower is best suited for mid-sized companies. The following is a list of sample customers:
- Dunham’s Sports
- LaRosa’s, Inc.
- Taylor Smartt, LLC
- Barkan Management Company
- Prime Care Medical
Free Report: 5 Essential Steps for Choosing the Right HR SoftwareChoosing an HR Software solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Implementation starts with the ECI Experience, which is an in-depth analysis of the client’s HR processes and systems to identify specific needs.
Clients work with a dedicated team throughout the implementation process. Training is provided at multiple points during implementation to increase users’ comfort with the solution. At the end of implementation, clients are transferred to an ongoing support team. The ECI Experience continues through every part of the partnership.
Every client that has started the implementation process with ECI goes live, giving the vendor a 100% go-live implementation success rate with no drop-offs. Its areas of focus include:
- Project-managed implementations
- Data conversion services
- Custom sandbox environments for all implementations prior to going live
- Weekly status updates with detailed assignments and tasks
- ECI-managed parallel processing runs
- Ongoing support
Additionally, ECI manages all clients’ data extraction and testing needs.
Customer Service & Support
ECI considers competence, accessibility and professionalism as the cornerstones to long-term business partnerships.
Client services offered include:
- Personalized one-on-one customer service with after-hours support
- Competent staff seasoned in payroll and HR, with many Certified Payroll Professionals (CPPs) and Professionals in Human Resources (PHRs)
ECI holds itself accountable for the entire client experience. The vendor designs, hosts, supports and processes all aspects of its HCM application and service.
ECI doesn’t include a on-premise option for clients to host their own data.
At one point, the solution included a learning management system (LMS) component, but product updates removed it and replaced it with additional reporting and performance review management features.
Electric Commerce Inc. (ECI) was founded in 1996 in Elkhart, IN with the goal of developing HR-focused solutions.
ECI’s HCM software is a unified SaaS platform covering the employee life cycle from hire to retire. The solution uses a single-sign-on system to streamline communication, automate workflows and simplify the user experience.Download Vendor Comparison Guide