Fair Lawn, NJ
LogicalDOC At A Glance
LogicalDOC is a document management system that tracks the entire lifecycle of a document or file. It’s available as either a cloud-based or an on-premise deployment.
Companies that access LogicalDOC via the cloud benefit from not having to purchase or maintain any software. However, companies that prefer the on-premise version have control of their own data and documents.
LogicalDOC also offers an open-source version (similar to OpenKM), as well as a mobile app downloadable from Google Play and the Apple app store.
LogicalDOC provides many benefits, such as:
- Saving time and expense of storing and maintaining documents
- Choice of cloud or on-premise deployment
- Easy to install and use with minimal training
- Unlimited product support
- Availability in multiple languages (such as English, French, Spanish and German)
LogicalDOC is available in four editions: Community, Business, Cloud and Enterprise. We detail in each edition in our Features section below.
The features of each LogicalDOC edition are broken down below.
Community (open-source edition):
- Web interface on desktop
- Version control
- Document searching functionality
- Multi-language support
- Ability to import documents via ZIP files
- Ability to check in and check out documents
- Document rating (where users can vote on specific documents for quality control purposes)
- Ability to send files via email or as downloadable tickets (for large attachments)
- Internal messaging and integrated contacts list
- Task manager
- Ability to set access permissions by user or group
- Statistics panel
- Adheres to SOAP, WebDAV and CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) protocols
- Integrates with Joomla explorer and Dropbox
Business: The Business edition includes all features of the Community edition, plus:
- Mobile Web interface and native Android/iOS/Kindle Fire mobile apps
- Ability to drag and drop files from desktop
- LogicalDOC available in multiple workspaces
- Ability to create PDFs
- Optical character recognition (OCR)
- Online editing via Google Drive integration
- LogicalDOC synchronization and Hot Folders (files can be synchronized between local folders and central document repository)
- Ability to import documents via folders
- Ability to add notes within documents
- Installer for Microsoft Windows, Mac and Linux systems
- Ability to detect duplicate documents
- LogicalDOC backup tool for disaster prevention and recovery
- Adheres to FTP and CIFS (Common Internet File Systems) protocols
- Integrates with Citrix systems and Microsoft Office/Outlook
Cloud and Enterprise: The Cloud and Enterprise versions include all features of the Business edition, but also have the features mentioned below. Note that the Cloud and Enterprise editions have the same features, except Enterprise allows for importing from local and remote folders, clustering and multi-tenancy.
- Metadata extraction and Zonal OCR (for these features LogicalDOC integrates with Kofax)
- Electronic signature
- Barcode recognition
- Digital watermarks
- Automatic naming of files and folders
- Forms/template management
- Custom identifier
- Scanning paper documents to LogicalDOC
- Importing documents from email
- Export Archive (for archiving files outside of LogicalDOC and sending them to external users or clients)
- Notifications if changes made to documents or files within software
- Professional workflow
- Events calendar (for tracking schedules related to documents/files)
- Multiple volumes repository
- Document archiving and retention policies
- Custom reports
- Integration with LDAP/Microsoft Active Directory
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
LogicalDOC is targeted to companies that range in size from medium to enterprise. It also provides industry-specific solutions for sectors such as health care, legal, and sales and marketing. We’ve listed some of its clients below:
- Datum Consulting
- Cox Gornyl
- Sosel BC
- Culver Company
- Impact Technologies
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
Clients start with a 30-day free trial. They have a choice of either an on-premise or cloud-based deployment. Regardless, installing LogicalDOC takes place during only one business day.
LogicalDOC provides an installation guide as well as user’s and administrator’s guides. It also offers optional remote training and remote installation.
Customer Service & Support
Users can contact customer support via email or remote help desk, or by placing a request in LogicalDOC’s tracking system. They can also communicate with LogicalDOC support and other users via a community forum.
LogicalDOC isn’t intended for small businesses.
LogicalDOC was founded in 2006 to help large and enterprise businesses manage their documents and workflows. It bases its mission on the following software engineering practices: commitment to quality standards, strength of community, business-friendly practices and high performance.
LogicalDOC has three global offices: one in Fair Lawn, NJ, and two others in Italy and Germany. However, it serves many clients all over the world by employing multilingual support staff and partnering with different global resellers.Download Comparison Guide