eclipse At A Glance
The docSTAR eclipse is an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) System intended for enterprise initiatives moving from paper-based processes to a fully electronic document system.
The solution specializes in accounts payable automation, and best fits HR departments seeking to conform to electronic documents.
eclipse is available in two deployment methods: on-premise or cloud. Regardless of deployment, users access the following benefits:
- Compatible with most scanners and multifunction printers (MFPs)
- Ability to gain access from any web browser or mobile device
- Easy to use user interface via eclipse’s three-panel display
- Files can be shared with others securely
- Reduced manual data entry time and errors
- Less risk for lost files and the ability to find documents efficiently
- Ability to increase or decrease storage and number of users, based on a company’s needs (there’s no minimum/maximum number of users required)
One other unique feature of eclipse: its right-hand panel within the interface, called the Buzz Space, is a company-customized bulletin board. Companies can place any message, such as announcements, alerts, photos, and more.
eclipse provides the following document management features:
Intelligent Data Capture:
- Ability to capture documents from any input device
- Automated indexing, such as barcodes, OCR, and formatting
- Smart Text extraction of data from content
- Can create and edit content via this feature, such as custom rules for processing
- Distribute information automatically based on custom rules
- Workflow alerts and other notifications in real time
- Monitor content and its progress via dashboard
- Track documents through multiple revisions while including multiple editors
- Storage of an unlimited number of revisions
- Ability to assign user access and role of access (i.e. view only or ability to edit)
- Audit trail of all edits, such as who makes the edits, date of changes, etc
- Ability to find document or content in less time
- Utilizing a Google-style task bar, users can search by text, fields, annotation, or name of content
- Locate content with a similar-sounding name via “Fuzzy” searches
- Simple or advanced searches, such as structured Boolean
- Automatically place document in review folder
- Apply document freezes when needed
- Help users comply to legal or regulatory compliance
- Users can access documents/content from any device, including participating in workflows and collaborating with other editors
- Content protected via secure encryption
- Access to users based on roles/permissions (view only, edit data, etc)
- Access via Single Sign-On
- All information stored in a secure central place
- Document Storage?
- Simultaneous User Collaboration?
- Workflow Management?
- Version Control?
- On-Premise Hosting Option?
docSTAR’s solutions are targeted in many different industries, including healthcare, manufacturing, education, government, and banking/insurance. We’ve listed 10 of its customers below:
- Capital Cardiology Associates, PC
- City of Camden, NJ
- Harley Davidson
- Professional Insurance Agents of Georgia
- New York Credit Union
- Kansas School District
- United Way of Greater Knoxville
- Coldwell Banker
- WOLF Manufacturing and Distribution
Download Now: Document Management Software Buyer's GuideChoosing an Document Management Solution is all about finding the right fit. Our report will walk you through the process and help you make a smart purchasing decision. Download Now
eclipse is available through both on-premise and cloud deployments.
docSTAR offers online training for users to customize the workflow to fit their schedules. Courses range from the basic fundamentals of eclipse to workflow design and batch import. Courses last from an hour to four hours or more, depending on the topic.
Customer Service & Support
Users can contact customer support via phone or email. They can also access the dedicated Support Portal, where they can chat with customer support, access software downloads, and browse the knowledge base for troubleshooting issues.
docSTAR manages documents as an Enterprise Content Management (ECM) system, meaning enterprise-sized clients and initiatives are best suited.
docSTAR is a division of Astria Solutions Group, LLC. In 1994, docSTAR started out as a document imaging division of Bitwise Designs. Throughout the years, it provided content management and document management solutions to companies of all sizes and industries.
docSTAR integrates with other third-party systems and partners with companies such as Microsoft, Dynamics GP, Sage, SAP, Fujitsu, Sharp, Kodak, and more.
docSTAR has also received awards over the years including Albany Business Review’s Best Places to Work (for 2013 and 2014), ECM Software’s Best Channel Vendor (for 2013 and 2014), and CRN’s 5-Star Partner Program Winner for 2014.Download Comparison Guide